Mark is an author, public speaker and international trainer in Brainspotting Therapy. A cutting edge approach that is a relational, body/brain based mindful psychotherapy.
Where we look affects how we feel
Brainspotting (BSP) makes use of this natural phenomenon through its use of relevant eye positions. This helps the BSP therapist to locate, focus, process and release a wide range of emotionally and bodily-based conditions. BSP is also a brain-based tool to support the therapy relationship.
Brainspotting taps into and harnesses the body’s natural self-scanning, self-healing ability. When a Brainspot is stimulated, the deep brain appears to reflexively signal the therapist that the source of the problem has been found.
Additional Benefits of BSP:
• A powerful healing approach for trauma, anxiety, depression and body related issues.
• Can be used to find and strengthen our natural resources and resilience
• Brainspotting can be integrated into many of the therapy approaches
• The phenomenology and neurobiology that underpin BSP consolidate approaches to therapy, supervision and consultation
• Can be used with performance and creativity enhancement
• Even more powerful when used with the enhancement of bilateral sound.
Dr David Grand, founder of Brainspotting,
with Dr Mark Grixti and BSPUK co-ordinator Debbie Brown.